Haunting at 824 Sweetbriar

05 May 2017 | Audible Activity, Haunted houses, Poltergeist, Your Stories, Your True Encounters

This all started back in the summer of 1965. It was a hot August day. My oldest brother and I were home and were about to make some lunch. We started making lunch and about 20 minutes pass before we heard a knock on the front door. My brother said, “Go see who that is.” So I go and open the door – but no one was there. I closed it and walked back telling him no one was there. So he just said, “OK“, and he continued to make sandwiches while I made the soup. Tomato soup to be exact. Some time went by when again, we heard a knock at the front door. Again, he asked me to go see who it was. So, I go to see who it was and again, no one was there. I went back and told him. He said, “OK, go over and open the front door so whoever is doing this, we will find out.”

I did as he asked and went back to making lunch. About 15 minutes went by when all of a sudden there was a loud knocking at the door. Knowing the door was open, this kind of surprised us. As we went to look, my brother passed by the wall that had the thermostat on it. He looked at it and saw the temperature was dropping. Now let me remind you, this all happened in the month of August – the hottest month of the year and we didn’t have Air Conditioning at that time. We both watched the temperature drop and then all of a sudden, we heard this God awful banging coming from the closet door adjacent to the front door. We stood there and again the banging happened again. This time with more force than I think I could ever do. You could see the door flexing and shaking from the violent banging. Then, the door flies open, hangers, coats, and jackets started flying out of the closet. Some of the hangers, I kid you not, stuck in the far wall. We both were mesmerized by what was happening. Finally my brother says, “We need to get out of here.”

We both ran out the back door and got in to his car and drove off. He and I were so scared, we didn’t go back until a couple of hours later. By then we decided to go back and as we did, we both felt a calmness. Like all the energy was gone. He said, “Well the only thing to do now is go in and clean up the mess.” I told him, “Nope, no way. I ain’t going back in there.” He said ok and went in. He called out and said everything was clear. So reluctantly, I go back and and felt nothing in the air. The house was hot again.

The thing with this is and I know it’s true is. Before we moved in to the house back in 1961, there was a family of Mexicans living there before us. And the grandfather died in the house. The room I used to sleep in was his room and from time to time I would see a shadow going across the wall, going out of the room. Later in my life, I started doing paranormal investigating. At age 14 to be exact. I have been doing this ever since, for the past 47 years. Back in 1965, I was scared, now nothing scares me in the realm of the paranormal. I look forward to looking behind the next door.

P.S. I know some people will say this is all made up. I am here to tell you, this is a true story. It did happen and I will stake my life on it.

Submitted by name witheld

© 2024, G. Michael Vasey & My Haunted Life Too.com (Unless indicated otherwise by author’s own copyright above). All rights reserved.

    Submit Your Ghost Story

    Story Title (required)

    Story (required)

    Photo or Video URL

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Do you give permission to publish this story?

    Leave a Reply