Ouija Board Terror

12 May 2017 | Haunted items, ouiji boards, Your Stories, Your True Encounters

I live in West Virginia. This is where my experience took place. I am now over fifty years old, but I was just over ten when this happened.

My mother bought me a Ouija board thinking it was a game. One night while my dad was at work, we got out the board, lit a candle and put it in the middle of the table.

We placed our fingers lightly on the planchette.

Mom asked if there was anyone there that wanted to speak to us. I was giggling. She asked again. The planchette then moved to YES. I told mom she was moving it and she said she was not. My mother asked, “Who are you?” The planchette then went to each letter and spelled Alberts. We did not know anyone by the name of Alberts, first or last name.

Mom then asked, “Are you a good spirit?” The planchette moved to YES and then NO. Mom asked, “How did you die?” The planchette did not move from the middle of the board. I was getting scared at that point. So, mom said, “Since you are not going to tell us, we are going to say goodbye now.” The planchette slid to NO. Mom said, “We have to go.” The planchette then went to GOODBYE.

We took our fingers off the planchette and it was sitting in the middle of the board. The planchette flew off the board and the round plastic piece where the middle pointer cracked.

We put it away and tried to forget about it. We were both a little creeped out by the board.

Where we lived, the floor was close to the ground and my room was at the end of the house. And that night there was a growling sound coming up through the floor in the corner of my room. I went and got mom; she came in and it stopped.

The weird thing is that my mother smoked at the time. That night her cigarettes smelled like sulphur– she said they tasted like sulphur as well.

My dad could not smell it or taste it. I could smell the sulphur strong. My mother could too. He thought we were playing a joke on him.

Three nights later, the growling started up in the corner of my room. I again went and got my mother. Dad was at home and Mommy told him to get the flashlight and go out and look for anything that could be making the noise. While the growling was happening, Dad came in and said that nothing was under there. My mom proceeded to scream at it and tell it to stop. It got louder and sounded more like a low, deep growl, like it was going to come through the floor after my mommy. It finally stopped that night.

The next morning my mother felt ill. We took her temperature and it was over 100. Dad took her to the hospital and they were so worried they admitted her. She was diagnosed as having an infection. She was in there for a week. The whole time she was in the hospital, my room and the whole house was quiet.

My mother and I truly believed the spirit of Alberts died from having an infection in his blood and was never treated for it and died from it. That is my first and last experience with a Ouija board and I would never use one again.

Angeline Hoskins, West Virginia

© 2024, G. Michael Vasey & My Haunted Life Too.com (Unless indicated otherwise by author’s own copyright above). All rights reserved.

    Submit Your Ghost Story

    Story Title (required)

    Story (required)

    Photo or Video URL

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Do you give permission to publish this story?

    Leave a Reply